While half the children were having dance the other half worked in the Daisy's classroom. At some point nearly every child in school today collaborated and painted with acrylic paint on canvas. Later on, Lukas and Ryan worked for a long time on this painting. As they painted Lukas sang, "I'm mixing, I'm mixing, I'm mixing, we're mixing the colors. We're the greatest artists!" After Lukas and Ryan finished, Evan and Alexander added to the painting as well.
When we switched, Ms. Rebecca had a discussion with some of the children about Ava's birthday while Ms. Erica worked on Alexander's number book. Jake said about Ava, "I feel happy with Ava. She always plays with me." Eli added, "I like to play with Ava." Then Isabel, Evan, Ava, Ashley and Eli worked on Matisse inspired collages.
Meanwhile on the rug, the children collaborate beautifully on 3 block structures that all interconnected. First Isabel started building an animal hospital. Then Jake and Ashley wanted to make doctors' offices for the animal doctors. Then Ava built a bridge to the animal hospital, but the animals had to be careful! There were a series of mean trolls living under various parts of the bridge.
During lunch, the Daisies thought of some names for a large painting they did a few months ago that will be part off our art show. The Sunflowers read Ava's Frozen book from show and tell. Ava pronounced Anna's name one way and the rest of the children pronounced it another way. We talked about how some words can be pronounced in more than one way and there isn't always ONE right way to say a word.
No comments:
Post a Comment